IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis events on our calendar may be canceled or postponed.
Sponsor: Provided by City of Edmond prior to the Edmond Visual Arts Commission
Painting in 1939 at the Edmond Post Office, Originally located at 101 E First. This mural was a WPA project, commissioned in 1939. The painting hung in the lobby of the Edmond Post Office for decades. When the old post office was closed and the building was remodeled to eventually house the Edmond Municipal Courts, the new lobby did not have a location to hang the mural. The Turner mural is now hanging in the City Council Chambers of the same building.
Medium type: Oil Painting
Date created: 1939