IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis events on our calendar may be canceled or postponed.
Sponsor: The original replica was purchased by Boy Scouts of America; the recast was a project of the LibertyFest Centennial Board
Lady Liberty preceded the Edmond Visual Arts Commission. The original 8’4” replica was made of bronze and produced by the Friedly-Voshardt Company, Chicago. Originally located on the north side of the intersection of Boulevard and Second in 1951, the statue was moved to Liberty Park in the 1970’s. After undergoing restoration, the statue was returned to its original location at Boulevard and 2nd Street on July 4, 1991. In 2007, following concerns about deterioration of the original replica, the piece was recast and replaced the original replica at 2nd and Boulevard. The original replica was then moved to the Edmond Historical Society & Museum for safekeeping.
Medium type: Bronze
Date created: 1951 (recast in 2007)